Even with the best-kept home, plumbing repairs are something every homeowner is going to deal with. Whether you need repairs or installations, knowing who to call can go a long way to make these plumbing issues a breeze. At G.F. Bowman, Inc., we’ve been helping homeowners in Lebanon and Cleona, PA with all their plumbing needs. We offer a range of solutions that can solve just about every issue you may face. From replacing a toilet that constantly clogs to a beautiful bathroom remodel, our staff is here to make your home an oasis for you and your family.
Want to keep major plumbing repairs at bay? Be sure to ask our staff how plumbing maintenance like drain cleaning can keep your pipes healthy.
We offer the following plumbing solutions in the Lebanon & Cleona areas:
- Water Heater Repair & Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Repair & Installation
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Drain Cleaning
- Sewer Line Inspection & Repair
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposals
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing and Certification
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Well Pumps
Common Plumbing Problems
There are many common plumbing problems that every homeowner will face at some point or another. Knowing what these issues are can help you take steps to prevent them. Common warning signs to look out for include:
- Unusual Odors: An indicator of imminent repairs is an unpleasant odor coming from your drains. Typically, this means there is a block in your sewer line or you have a leak that’s allowing wastewater to enter your home.
- Slow Drainage: When you notice slow-moving water, it can be caused by a clog somewhere in your piping. Generally, when there is a problem in kitchens and bathrooms, a plumber will be needed to clear the clog.
- Gurgling Toilet: If you notice gurgling noises coming from your toilet, this can also indicate a clog deeper in your plumbing system. It may also be trapped air that can signal a problem with your sewer lines.
- Water Leaks: Probably the most dangerous concern, water leaks will not only cost you more on your utilities, but it also can allow for mold growth along with damages to your walls, foundation, and belongings.
Having an idea of what the common problems are can help you treat them before they become major concerns. At G.F. Bowman, Inc., we offer detailed plumbing diagnostics that allow our contractors to provide accurate solutions.
How to Prevent Plumbing Problems
Preventing these problems from creeping up can save you time, reduce disruption in your daily life, and help avoid costly repairs.
- Be careful of what you put down the drain. Do not put food, oil, or grease down the drain in your kitchen sink. Also, only flush toilet paper and waste down your toilet.
- Do not use any acid-based drain solution. Though it may get rid of the initial clog, it can shave years off of your pipe’s lifespan.
- Be careful of where you plant new trees and shrubs outside, as the roots can grow into your sewer line.
- Use a drain screen in your sinks and shower. This will help prevent food, hair, and other debris from going down the drain and clogging it.
- Know where your main shut off valve is. In case of an emergency, you should know exactly how to shut off your water supply. This can save thousands of dollars in potential water damage.
While we’re always here to help you deal with plumbing repair issues, our goal is to also educate our customers. Knowing how to prevent problems can help you limit repair costs, improve the performance of your plumbing, and keep your home in good working order.
Want to be sure your sewer lines are clean and free of clogs? We offer sewer camera inspection services for accurate results.
Work With Our Trusted Professionals
G.F. Bowman, Inc. has been helping homeowners in Lebanon and Cleona, PA for over 50 years! Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are ready and equipped to help you divert any plumbing problems. We are committed to helping the community stay as comfortable as possible by improving their plumbing systems.
In addition to a full range of plumbing services, we also offer flat-rate pricing and scheduled maintenance, ensuring that your needs are met and your home is always in the best shape possible.