As Harrisburg, PA's most trusted heating contractors, we put over 50 years of experience to work for you. With winter temperatures always hitting record lows, ensuring that you have a properly working heating system is essential to your comfort and safety. When you put your trust in our experts, you can expect detailed repairs, experienced troubleshooting, and if needed, full heating replacement services. So the next time you’re stuck with a furnace that’s blowing cold air in the middle of winter, get the Bowman team working for you!
Want to avoid any mid-winter mishaps? Be sure to schedule a furnace tune-up before the temperatures drop.
Here is a list of professional heating services we offer:
- Heater Repair & Maintenance
- Heater Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Repair & Maintenance
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
- Geothermal Systems
- Boiler Services
- Air Duct Repairs
- Filter Replacement
- HVAC Zoning
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
More often than not, homeowners wait until there’s an emergency to call a heating service company. If you’re proactive, however, and know what to look for, you can easily address minor repair issues before they become major ones. Some common signs include:
- High Energy Bills: We all know that heating systems consume a lot of energy, especially on those colder days. But if your energy bills are skyrocketing, and your daily routine hasn’t changed, there may be a larger concern.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: You should be able to depend on your heating system for consistent temperatures, especially if you’re preprogramming it into your thermostat. If your unit cycles on and off or struggles for hours to heat your home properly, call a pro.
- Low Airflow: Are some areas of your home colder or getting little to no airflow? Your heating system is a complex mechanism with plenty of moving parts. And if the airflow is a concern, then a repair could be needed.
- Poor Air Quality: Whether it’s a foul smell, stuffy air, or just excess dust, your heating system is one of the leading contributors to poor indoor air quality. If you’re uncomfortable, get the help you need early.
- Old System: If your furnace or heater is on the older side, you should always schedule annual inspections. Because your system is only in use during certain times of the year, that downtime in the offseason can be detrimental.
As a homeowner, it’s essential to be on the lookout for any functionality concerns. If you suspect your heating system isn’t working like normal, trust your gut and call a furnace service company like G.F. Bowman Inc. immediately.
The Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Finding out that a heating system replacement is needed doesn’t have to be all bad. Although it may be an unforeseen expense, it can also offer some serious benefits for you and your family. With all our heating installations, you can expect:
- Improved temperature control and airflow
- Longer appliance lifespan
- Lower energy costs
- Quieter operation
- Added property value
We also specialize in high-efficiency system upgrades, which means that the new system in your home will offer serious energy reduction from the moment it’s installed.
Looking for alternative heating options for your home? Consider a geothermal heating system, and use the earth's natural warmth to heat your home.
Count on Us for All Your Heating Needs
We have been installing, servicing, repairing and maintaining heating systems since 1967. At G.F. Bowman, Inc., our team is trustworthy, polite, and always cleans up after the work is done. We also take the time to explain all our work to you, so you know exactly what’s being done in your home and how it will affect your comfort.
As a family-owned and operated business, we go that extra mile to offer the personalized solution we would want for our own family. So the next time you’re looking for heating contractors, get the Bowman team working for you!