Nothing is more unpleasant than waking up to a cold shower in the morning. Luckily, G.F. Bowman, Inc., provides timely, expert water heater solutions, including repair, replacement, and ongoing maintenance. With a little help, you’ll always have access to hot water whenever you need it.
Want to upgrade your hot water system? Consider installing a tankless water heater, and enjoy limitless hot water on demand!
Signs Your Water Heater is Damaged
Unsure if your hot water heater is running as it should be? While having no access to hot water is an obvious sign that something is wrong, there are other indicators you can look out for that’ll help you get water heater repairs early. Here are some tell-tale signs:
- The water is not reaching, or sustaining, adequately high temperatures
- Puddles of water under the unit
- Water takes too long to actually heat
- Your water heater is making strange noises (hissing, banging, or grinding)
- There’s rust in the water
Rather than immediately having your hot water heater replaced, you may want to have a professional conduct an evaluation and inspection. An experienced contractor can troubleshoot water heater problems and provide the right solution.
Water Heater Replacement vs. Repair
For most homeowners, your best option will always be repair, but in some instances, replacement may be better for your home. Some signs that it's time to replace your water heater include:
- Age of Unit: As your water heater ages, it deteriorates. So, if your unit is close to 15 years or older, repair may only be a patch on a much larger issue. Instead of spending money on frequent repairs, use those same funds to upgrade your system and avoid the buildup of repair costs.
- High Energy Cost: Most homeowners look for ways to lower their monthly expenses and one way to do it is with a new water heater.
- Low Capacity: Are you constantly running out of hot water? Your system might be too small for your home.
Water heater installation doesn’t have to break the bank either. At G.F. Bowman, Inc., we work with your budget to find the right solution for you.
The Benefits of Ongoing Maintenance
Having your hot water heater regularly checked and maintained by a plumbing professional is critical. With routine maintenance, any mechanical problems are caught and identified quickly enough to be fixed. Taking good care of your hot water heater can also extend its lifespan, reduce your energy costs, and improve your water quality.
A leading cause of water heater damage is poor water quality. Make sure you’re enjoying the best water in your home with a water filtration system. Ask about our options today!
Schedule an Appointment Today!
At G.F. Bowman, Inc., we’re completely committed to customer satisfaction, no matter how big or simple or complex. Nothing makes us happier than improving a client’s plumbing system. Whether you’ve been running out of hot water on a daily basis, are dealing with water leaks, or simply want an upgrade, you can count on our plumbing pros to get your Harrisburg, PA home back up to standard in no time!