As any homeowner can tell you, having a reliable plumbing company you can call when things go wrong is essential. Since 1967, G.F. Bowman, Inc. has been that company for homeowners in and around the Harrisburg, PA area. Our plumbing contractors are the best in the business because we provide personalized solutions that won’t break the bank. We offer a range of services and can solve a full range of plumbing issues, including clogged drains, burst pipes, gas line problems, and everything in between.
Need help keeping your plumbing in the best shape possible? Be sure to ask about our ongoing plumbing maintenance services to avoid major issues in the future.
We offer the following expert plumbing solutions:
- Water Heater Repair & Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Repair & Installation
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Drain Cleaning
- Sewer Line Inspection & Repair
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposals
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing and Certification
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Well Pumps
Common Plumbing Issues to Look for
Plumbing issues tend to pop up at the most inconvenient times. However, if you’re prepared and know what to look for, you can enjoy simple plumbing repairs and not major emergencies. Here are some of the most common plumbing problems:
- Dripping Sinks and Leaking Faucets: Trying to sleep while hearing a dripping faucet can feel downright maddening, and it can also be costly. Small water leaks can turn into major emergencies if left unrepaired.
- Clogged Drain: Clogged drains can cause your sink or tub to drain slowly and aren’t always easy to fix. Avoid the DIY route and get expert drain cleaning from a plumbing expert.
- Clogged Toilet: Whether it’s excess toilet paper or an old toilet, sometimes clogs can’t be solved by your plunger, and require professional attention.
- Poor Water Pressure: This is usually indicative of a blockage somewhere in your plumbing system. If you notice the problem throughout the home, it could be the main water line. If it’s only in certain rooms or with specific fixtures, it may be a simpler issue to resolve.
- Strange Water Taste: Many homeowners choose to buy water filtration systems to remove an unpleasant taste from the tap water typically caused by minerals or chemicals.
Though these issues may be common, they often still involve the assistance of an experienced, licensed plumber to resolve. Trying to fix a leak or a clogged drain may seem simple in theory, but attempting to do without the proper expertise can result in a watery disaster. The next time you notice plumbing issues in your home, call our pros for expert inspection and repair.
Tips for Avoiding Plumbing Repair Issues
Prevention is your best tool as a homeowner, and when it comes to your plumbing, preventing issues is easier than you think. In many cases, the solution is as simple as starting good habits in your home. Whether it’s watching what you throw in the toilet or sink (always avoid cooking grease), or scheduling routine maintenance, you can do a lot to keep your plumbing safe.
G.F. Bowman, Inc. is the plumbing contractor Harrisburg, PA residents trust most. We provide timely plumbing repairs and installations. From upgrading your water heater to repairing a broken toilet, you can put your trust in our staff.
Enjoy improved energy costs and more consistent water temperatures by upgrading your water heater. Ask our staff how we can help you with your installation today!
Why Work With Our Professionals?
In addition to being a fully family-owned and operated company, we’re completely committed to customer satisfaction and to each project, no matter how big or small. Nothing makes us happier than helping a client by making sure their plumbing system is working as it should. As your plumbing company of choice in and around Harrisburg, PA you can count on our staff for industry-leading service.