While most plumbing issues like clogs and leaks can be attributed to some specific damaged area, when you’re continually dealing with repairs, chances are, the problem is your plumbing as a whole. At G.F. Bowman, Inc. we are your home repiping contractors. With over 50 years of local expertise in the Harrisburg, PA area we can help you repipe your entire home, solving your ongoing plumbing concerns once and for all. It’s our mission to provide our customers with nothing but the highest quality whole-home repiping services.
Poor water quality could be a major cause of pipe deterioration. Be sure to find out how a water softener can help improve your water quality.
How to Determine if It’s Time to Repipe Your Home
A complete repiping project can be a large undertaking, which is why it’s important to be sure it’s the right move for your home and budget. Unsure if your home needs to be repiped? Review the following factors and see if any apply:
- There is Visible Corrosion: Like anything in your home, plumbing deteriorates with age. If you’re seeing rust buildup around plumbing joints or speckles of rust in your water, chances are your pipes are corroded.
- Foul Odor: As the buildup continues to grow in your plumbing, that debris will eventually make its way into your water as well. If your drinking water has an unpleasant smell or taste, old pipes may be to blame.
- Low Water Pressure: If your pipes are clogged or leaking, it will affect your water pressure first. If you have low flow throughout the home or on certain fixtures, it could be due to piping issues.
- Leaky Pipes: This may seem fairly obvious, but if a pipe is leaking, it should probably be replaced. While a minor leak can be fixed, multiple leaks in different areas of the home is never a good thing.
- Old Age: If your home is on the older side, and the pipes came with the original construction, you may be looking at some repair concerns down the line. Depending on the quality of the materials, your pipes could already be damaged beyond repair.
Choosing Your New Piping Materials
Once you determine that repiping is the way to go, it’s important to talk to your home repiping contractor to determine what materials are right for your home. At G.F. Bowman, Inc., we use over 50 years of experience to help you choose the materials that work best for your budget and the weather conditions in Harrisburg, PA. Some options include:
- PVC Piping
Each material allows for plenty of customization so you can seamlessly replace all your plumbing without sacrificing performance. We also back all our work with our complete customer satisfaction, so you can rest easy knowing your new plumbing is installed to the highest standard.
With new pipes, make sure your appliances are just as high quality. Ask our staff how a tankless water heater can save you more money on energy bills.
Benefits of Repiping Your Home
While repiping is a last resort for many homeowners, it can be one of the best investments you make in your home. In addition to solving many, if not all, your plumbing repair concerns, it also has benefits including:
- Improved water pressure
- Added property value
- No more leaks
- Clean water
- Longer lifespan
If your home is located in the Harrisburg, PA area, and it needs to be repiped, look no further than G.F. Bowman, Inc. A family-owned and operated company, we put our customers first. Let our team help you find the best solution for your budget and home needs.