When the summer months approach, adding an air conditioner to your home or replacing your older system can be one of the easiest upgrades you can make to improve the comfort level of your home. Founded in 1967, G.F. Bowman, Inc. is the premier air conditioner installation company in Lebanon and Cleona, PA. Our experienced contractors provide top tier customer service and can help improve the comfort of your home. We understand that dealing with a broken down AC can be a challenge - and we’re here to help!
Want to keep your air conditioner in the best shape possible? Be sure to schedule routine AC tune-ups and enjoy lower costs and cooler air.
When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner?
With warmer temperatures each year, there’s only so long that you can continue working with an old air conditioner in your home. If you’ve been on the fence as to whether an air conditioning replacement is right for you, consider the following:
- Your AC is Over 10 Years Old: Most air conditioning units will last about 10-15 years. If your AC is within this range and showing signs of its age, it might be time to consider a replacement.
- Your Unit Needs Constant Repairs: Similar to the first point, if your AC is an older model, even the smallest repair can become an added expense. If those repairs begin to pile up, at some point the cost of a new unit may be more affordable than temporary fixes.
- Your Air Conditioner is Inefficient: A SEER rating is a score of how energy efficient an air conditioner is. If your AC has a poor SEER score, it might make more economic sense to replace it with a more efficient AC.
- Your Unit Can’t Cool Your Home: This one is self-evident. If your AC isn’t keeping your home cool it could be undersized for your home or simply at the end of its lifespan. Either way, a replacement is probably in order.
As your Lebanon AC installation contractor, we can help you find the right system for your home. Based on your budget, the size of your home, and your existing ductwork, we can help find a top-quality unit for your home.
Choosing the Right System for Your Home
At G.F. Bowman, Inc. we specialize in high-efficiency air conditioner upgrades. This means finding a new unit for your home that surpasses your existing system for improved performance, airflow, and energy savings. In addition to central AC installation, we can also help supplement your cooling needs with single-room ACs and wall mount ACs.
These systems are ideal for smaller spaces like home additions, dens, and offices, without sacrificing performance or forcing your central AC unit to work harder. When choosing an AC unit for your home, it’s important to remember a few key factors, including:
- Your budget
- How much cooling power you need
- The size of your home (square footage)
- The existing ductwork in your home
While this can be a lot for a homeowner to handle on their own, our AC installation contractors make the entire process easier! We’ll evaluate your existing system and help you find a newer model that not only cools your entire home but also helps you save on your energy costs too.
For homeowners looking for even more control over their heating and cooling needs, consider HVAC zoning, a compatible upgrade to your existing HVAC system.
G.F. Bowman, Inc. Can Help
With over 50 years of local expertise in the Lebanon and Cleona, PA area, our customers trust us because of our personalized service and care. We understand that a faulty air conditioner can be a serious concern not only for your comfort but also your safety. That’s why we always offer timely services, dependable appointment windows, and affordable rates. The next time you need AC help, get the Bowman team working for you!