For most homeowners, repairs are always the first option. But what happens when your heating system is beyond repair? While investing in a new heater may seem like a daunting task, with some help from our experts at G.F. Bowman, Inc., it’s easier and more affordable than ever. As your Harrisburg, PA heating installation experts, we offer a range of solutions, including hybrid heating systems, that work for any budget and home size. So if a heater replacement is needed, don’t stress, get the Bowman team working for you!
We also offer alternative heating systems including radiant heating and geothermal systems, giving you all the options you need for a comfortable home.
When to Replace Your System
Worried that it might be time to replace your central heating system? Knowing when to replace a heater is just as important as knowing what type of unit to choose for your home. Some common warning signs include:
- Age: If your heater is 10 years old or more, statistically, it’s approaching the end of its useful mechanical life. Heaters deteriorate with age, which means the older your unit, the more it will struggle to keep your home comfortable.
- Frequent Repairs: If your heating system requires frequent repairs, constant tune-ups, and follow-up appointments, those bills can add up to a hefty sum quite quickly. Instead of falling into this trap, it might be time to consider a new furnace or another heating unit.
- Energy Bills: If your utility bills continue to rise inexplicably, there could be a serious mechanical flaw somewhere within your home heating system.
- Zoning Failure: The temperature from one room to the next is always inconsistent. Some rooms are always cold; others are always hot, and the house never feels relaxing or comfortable. If these issues are present in your home, it may be time to call a heating installation service.
Generally, anytime your heater is struggling to keep you comfortable and is on the older side, a heater replacement could be your best option. Our technicians will offer you a detailed explanation to help you make an informed decision for your specific home needs.
The Benefits of an Upgrade
While new heating installation can be an unforeseen expense, it does come with plenty of benefits to make it worthwhile. Some of those perks include:
- Added Property Value: Planning on selling your home? Looking at refinancing? A new heating system will help you add considerable value to your home.
- Versatility: In addition to whole-home heating systems, we also offer the installation of garage heaters, helping to make all the functional areas in your Harrisburg home warm and comfortable.
- Lower Energy Costs: Newer heating systems are designed to be more energy efficient when compared to older systems. In some instances, that energy saving could help to pay for the initial investment in no time.
- Hybrid Heating Options: Our experts offer hybrid heating installation services as well. These unique systems have both electric and gas-powered options that operate depending on the temperature outside. With a heat pump and a furnace installed, you’ll always have heat even on the coldest days.
With over 50 years of local experience, you can trust that your heater installation service will be seamless and personalized to your home's needs.
Want to keep your heater running in top shape for as long as possible? Be sure to keep up with your maintenance and always schedule a heater tune-up before the winter months.
Call Us Today!
Owning a home in or around Harrisburg, PA means being prepared for near-freezing temperatures in the winter. Be sure your home is always comfortable and safe for you and your family with an all-new heater installation. From hybrid heating systems to traditional heaters and even garage options, our expert staff is here to help you find the right option for your home and budget.