Few things are quite as challenging as dealing with an air conditioner that is low on refrigerant. Not only does it increase your energy costs, but also it will prevent your system from properly cooling air. This translates into warmer indoor temperatures, particularly in the Harrisburg summer.
G.F. Bowman, Inc. can help. Our expert technicians can perform detailed AC refrigerant leak repair services to get your AC cooling again in no time. With over 50 years of local expertise throughout the Harrisburg, PA area, you can count on our staff to provide you with a long-term solution to your cooling needs.
Still struggling with fluctuating temperatures? Be sure your evaporator coils are clean with our routine maintenance services.
Signs of Refrigerant Issues
Knowing when to call a technician is just as important as who you call. The following are five common indications of serious refrigerant issues. If any of these factors apply to you, call an expert immediately.
- Higher Energy Bills: Your electric bills have suddenly skyrocketed, and you suspect this is largely due to the use of your air conditioning. The less refrigerant in your system (caused by a leak) the harder your unit has to work to cool.
- Frozen Coils: The evaporator coils have so much liquid refrigerant running through them that they literally freeze in place. Check for any leaking water under your unit.
- Inability to Cool: Refrigerant is needed in order to cool down the air. If there’s a noticeable loss of cooling power, signs point to a leak.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: With less refrigerant running through your system, you may be stuck with fluctuating temperatures, particularly when the temperatures are high outdoors.
- Noisy Operation: There is a labored sound when the AC unit is in use as if it’s struggling to keep working.
If your air conditioner simply isn’t cooling as it used to, chances are you have an AC refrigerant leak. Without proper care, your system will not return to working order.
How Refrigerant Problems Are Repaired
While some issues may repair themselves with basic cleaning, a lot more goes into AC refrigerant leak services. For starters, the leak must be located. This is generally done by adding special dyes to your AC system. Using a UV light, our technician will then be able to find the dye in the location where it’s leaking.
Once the leak is taken care of, your refrigerant needs to be recharged and pressure tested. This ensures that your levels are up to manufacturer specifications, and that refrigerant is making its way to your evaporator coils. AC Refrigerant leak repair is complex and should always be handled by a trained professional.
Once your system is back up and running, be sure you have complete control over the temperature inside your home with a thermostat upgrade!
Why Choose Us?
Working with G.F. Bowman, Inc., you’re treated with the utmost respect and care. With over 50 years of local experience, our clients know to expect personalized solutions, detailed explanations of all work, and flat-rate pricing.
We understand that any change in your cooling can be a safety concern. That’s why you can count on us for all your air conditioner refrigerant needs including leak repair and recharges!