Natural gas is used frequently in and around Harrisburg, PA. If you use natural gas and keep the gas line properly maintained, there’s nothing to be concerned with. However, in the event of a gas leak or damaged line, your family and home are at risk. G.F. Bowman, Inc. is your experienced gas line repair and installation contractor. Whether you accidentally damaged a gas line while working on your home or the line is old and in need of replacement, you can count on our expert staff of plumbers to safely and reliably solve your gas line needs. Also, we can help you leverage gas lines for your new home upgrade, including outdoor fire pits and heating elements!
G.F. Bowman, Inc. is your partner for a healthy home. Be sure to ask our staff how ongoing plumbing maintenance can help protect your property even further!
Signs of a Leaky Gas Line
The first step to getting quality gas pipe repairs is knowing when you have a damaged line. Some common signs include:
- Hissing Sound: If you hear a hissing, whistling, high-pitched squealing sound, there may indeed be a leak in the line.
- Strong Scent: A scent additive is mixed with natural gas to make homeowners aware if there is a leak, or if the gas is left on for an extended period of time.
- Bubbles: You may notice the presence of bubbles in standing water.
- Discoloration: If you have a garden or grow vegetation, you may notice a strong discoloration.
- High Energy Costs: Damaged gas lines waste gas. If you’re seeing a spike in your energy costs or your appliances aren’t working as they should, there’s an issue.
If you suspect there’s an indoor gas leak, call 911 immediately and get all people and pets out of the house to avoid further exposure to potentially deadly carbon monoxide. Once that’s taken care of, schedule gas line repair with a reputable local plumber that specializes in gas line services.
Installing a new gas line? Why not upgrade your appliances too. Be sure to ask our staff how installing a new water heater can add value and comfort to your home.
Benefits of Installing a New Gas Line
Natural gas is an energy-efficient and convenient way to power your home’s appliances. From water heaters to ovens, you can easily power your entire home. But what happens when you need to add a new appliance or are remodeling? Working with a gas line contractor is the best way to get the installation done right.
A new gas line can help power new appliances, add some stylish elements to your yard like lighting, and even integrate into an outdoor kitchen for complete comfort that’s all tied into your main utility line.
As your gas line services company, you can count on G.F. Bowman, Inc. for repairs, new line installation, and ongoing maintenance to keep your home and family protected. With over 50 years of local expertise in and around Harrisburg, PA, you can count on us for hassle-free service.